The United States has a system of science education with opportunities for everyone. Any international student who graduates from secondary school or the equivalent can pursue a science higher education in one form or another. In 2009 over 61,000 international students studied physical and life sciences (commonly called, "natural sciences") in the US.
Biological and Biomedical Sciences - 34,144
Physical Sciences - 26,302
Science Technologies/Technicians - 1,253
Click here to learn more about the advantages of a US physical and life sciences degree for international students. To learn more about a specific advantage click any of the following:
- Widespread Availability of US Physical and Life Sciences Education - physical and life sciences degrees and diplomas are offered by most US universities and colleges.
- Undergraduate Physical and Life Sciences Credentials in the USA - not only are there a wide variety of degrees available - bachelor's and associate's degrees - but also dual (joint) degrees and 2-year diplomas. To learn more about 3-4 year bachelor's degrees in physical and life sciences, click here. To learn more about 3-5 year dual (joint) degrees, click here. To learn more about 2-year associate's degrees in physical and life sciences, click here.
- Many Areas of Study From Which to Choose - students are able to choose from a range of physical and life sciences specializations and electives. To learn more about areas of study in physical and life sciences, click here.
- Flexible Programs of Study in Physical and Life Sciences - from part- and full-time and distance education delivery formats, to co-op and international exchange. To learn more about flexible programs of study in physical and life sciences, click here.
- Accreditation of Physical and Life Sciences Programs Assures Academic Quality, Improvement and Accountability - to learn more about accreditation of US physical and life sciences programs, click here.
- Physical and Life Sciences Education in a Multicultural Environment - learn from physical and life sciences professors and students from all over the world. To learn more about physical and life sciences education in a multicultural environment, click here.
Why International Students Should Enrol In A US Physical and Life Sciences Program - click here for four of the most important reasons why you should enrol in a US natural sciences program.
Starting Salaries For Science Graduates - You can also view starting salaries for science graduates.